Pirate FM News

Keep up to date with the latest news delivered direct to your Inbox.

Six People Taken To Hospital in Carbon Monoxide Leak

news_ambulance.jpg
Delicious Submit this page to reddit

4:26pm 3rd October 2013
(Updated 4:26pm 3rd October 2013)

Six people have been taken to hospital in Liskeard, after a potentially deadly gas flooded their home.

It is after fire crews were called to Park Road on Wednesday evening.

All six people are OK after being checked over at Derriford hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service is urging people to get carbon monoxide alarms put in.

A spokesperson for Cornwall Council said: "A call was received by Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service at 1807 last evening (02 Oct) from the Out of Hours Service after a carbon monoxide alarm was activated at a Cornwall Housing property at Park Rd Liskeard.

"As part of the call out arrangements, the out of hour's service was notified and the Cornwall Housing Gas Safe qualified duty engineer attended. The feedback this morning from the fire and rescue service appears to indicate that the alarm was activated by an appliance in the property. Investigations by Cornwall Housing duty engineers as part of this call out, and following subsequent investigations this morning, have confirmed that the gas boiler is operating safely and normally and was not the cause of any CO emission.  

"The tenant's boiler underwent its annual service check on Monday this week (30th September). The property had recently been fitted with two CO detectors as part of Cornwall Housing's wider programme to install detectors in all its properties. Whilst this is an upsetting incident for the tenants to have experienced it is important to note that the CO detectors installed by Cornwall Housing Engineers alerted the family to a problem with one of their own appliances and potentially prevented further far more serious consequences.  

"The Cornwall Housing Mechanical and Electrical team are currently undertaking a programme of CO detector installation to all applicable properties. Whilst this is not a legal obligation for social landlords, Cornwall Housing has made the decision to fund a programme of installation of detectors, recognising the significant danger posed by carbon monoxide, as the safety of our tenants is of paramount importance. This programme of CO detector installations will be completed by March 2014."

4:26pm 3rd October 2013

Share This Story

Delicious Submit this page to reddit
Suggested articles
cornwall air ambulance new

Woman Airlifted To Hospital With Head Injuries

Cornwall's air ambulance was scrambled to Helston

carbon monoxide

VIDEO: Child In Hospital After 'Toxic Gas' Scare

Luckily an alarm went off in Nanpean...

Most read
lorry stuck at pentewan

UPDATE: Narrow Cornish Road - Lorry Gets Stuck

It took almost 24 hours to move it at Pentewan

police line

UPDATE: Woman Dies After A30 Crash

A toddler suffered minor injuries after the collision involving a tractor

Top articles

UPDATE: Narrow Cornish Road - Lorry Gets Stuck

Cornwall News: It took almost 24 hours to move it at Pentewan

Pirate FM Cornwall News Update - 7th January 2016

Cornwall Video News: Officials say they’re holding talks to find new jobs for hundreds of workers in Bodmin.

Business Cornwall News - Friday, 18th December 2015

Business Cornwall News: Cornwall is spearheading reform of the Uk’s business licensing laws following a a year-long project.

T2: Trainspotting sequel wins over critics

Showbiz News: Trainspotting's long-awaited sequel T2 has won over most critics' hearts, but expectations were far from great.

Former Gambia leader Yahya Jammeh flies out of country

World News: The Gambia's former leader Yahya Jammeh has flown out of the country after stepping down from power.

Defending champion stunned by wild card at Australian Open

Sports News: Novak Djokovic's hopes of a record-breaking seventh Australian Open title were shattered by an inspired Denis Istomin in a five-set thriller on Thursday.

US Congress broadcast interrupted by Russian channel RT

Strange News: An online broadcast of a US network from the floor of the House of Representatives has been bizarrely interrupted by the Russian news site RT.

Newer article

Cornwall's Rail Franchise Extended

Cornwall News: First Great Western says it will not cut the number of direct trains to London

Older article

Flood Fears as Heavy Rain Batters Cornwall

Cornwall News: Met Office puts out a yellow weather warning covering the Duchy

Cornwall's Pirate FMPirate Extra Footer LogoEscape to Cornwall radioLoveCornwall.com - The Cornish Business DirectoryPirate Education and Training

 

© Copyright Pirate FM

Pirate FM cannot be held responsible for the content of external links.