Keep up to date with the latest news delivered direct to your Inbox.
7:03am 9th August 2014
fire *web* ry
Cornwall's firefighters start eight straight days of strike action.
They will walk out from midday until 2pm and then from 11pm until midnight every day from Saturday 9th August until Saturday 16th
It is in that long running row over pensions.
We are told contingency plans are in place to cover any callouts.
Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service's advice is to take extra care with these eight steps:
* In the event of a fire, you should get out, stay out and call 999 - you will get an emergency response
* Make sure you have smoke alarms on at least every level of your home.
* Smoke alarms save lives, but only if they're working. Test them regularly.
* Stub cigarettes out properly and dispose of them carefully.
* Plan your escape route and make sure everyone knows how to get out in a fire.
* Take extra care in the kitchen and never leave cooking unattended.
* Do not overload electrical sockets. Watch out for faulty and over-heating electrical equipment, and wiring/cables.
* Drinking alcohol? Plan how to get home safely without driving.
You can get more information here
Share This StoryTweet
WATCH: Cornwall American: I Can't Support "Someone Like That"
Cornwall News: One verdict as Donald Trump becomes President
Retail sales fell sharply as prices jumped before Christmas
National News: Retail sales suffered their biggest monthly fall since April 2012 last month, with official figures also charting a leap in prices compared to December a year earlier.
Business Cornwall News - Friday, 18th December 2015
Business Cornwall News: Cornwall is spearheading reform of the Uk’s business licensing laws following a a year-long project.
Twin Peaks actor Miguel Ferrer dead at 61
Showbiz News: Miguel Ferrer, famous for his roles in the hit TV shows Twin Peaks and NCIS, has died aged 61 at his Los Angeles home.
Chinese economic growth picks up for first time in two years
World News: There is renewed concern for rising debt levels in the Chinese economy after it posted growth numbers for the final quarter of 2016 that beat expectations.
Defending champion stunned by wild card at Australian Open
Sports News: Novak Djokovic's hopes of a record-breaking seventh Australian Open title were shattered by an inspired Denis Istomin in a five-set thriller on Thursday.
US Congress broadcast interrupted by Russian channel RT
Strange News: An online broadcast of a US network from the floor of the House of Representatives has been bizarrely interrupted by the Russian news site RT.