Keep up to date with the latest news delivered direct to your Inbox.
New Flights Announced From Newquay
9:57am 28th November 2014
(Updated 9:57am 28th November 2014)
Another boost has been announced for Cornwall's air link to London.
Flybe is launching new flights from Newquay to Stansted.
They will start in May 2015 and run across the summer, with departures on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
Last month, Pirate FM told you about two and a half million pounds worth of government funding to secure the Gatwick route.
Around 100 thousand people a year use it, but the airline warned it was not viable on its own.
Al Titterington, Newquay Cornwall Airport's Managing Director said: "This is a further boost to the Airport and the tourism economy and follows on the back of the Gatwick announcement at the end of October.
"In previous times Stansted had been a key route for Cornwall bringing high value inbound tourism from its affluent catchment like Cambridge.
"We expect passenger demand to be strong and will be working with our partners to promote Cornwall."
Share This StoryTweet
UPDATE: Woman Pulled From The Sea At Polzeath
She was airlifted to Treliske on Sunday but doctors could not save her
WATCH: Bodmin's Will Young "Declines" Strictly Group Dance
Singer has apparently refused to appear on the final show
BREAKING: Treliske On Highest Possible Alert
Cornwall News: But officials hope a new system could help ease pressure on A&E
Business Cornwall News - Friday, 18th December 2015
Business Cornwall News: Cornwall is spearheading reform of the Uk’s business licensing laws following a a year-long project.
Viola Beach crash likely to remain a mystery, says coroner
Showbiz News: It may never be known why the car carrying Viola Beach ploughed through crash barriers and plunged into a canal, an inquest has heard.
British hostage John Cantlie appears in new IS propaganda video
World News: A British hostage has appeared in a new Islamic State propaganda video said to have been recorded in the Iraqi city of Mosul, which coalition forces are currently trying to retake from militants.
Former FIFA president Sepp Blatter loses appeal against six-year ban
Sports News: Former FIFA president Sepp Blatter has lost his appeal against a six-year ban from football.
Passport photo-checking service tells Asian man to open eyes
Strange News: A New Zealand man had his passport photograph rejected because facial recognition software thought his eyes were closed.
VIDEO: Cornwall News Headlines - 12th November 2014
Cornwall News: The latest news headlines from the Cornwall Newscentre with Tristan Hunkin.