Keep up to date with the latest news delivered direct to your Inbox.
Girl Grabbed in Cornwall
10:55am 12th December 2012
(Updated 10:55am 12th December 2012)
Police in mid-Cornwall have launched an investigation after a girl was grabbed on the school run.
The 16 year old was walking on Trevenson Road in Pool between 8am and 8.30am on Tuesday morning when a man snatched hold of her wrist.
She managed to shake him off and ran away, unhurt.
Detectives have described the man as being in his late 20s, stocky, 6'1 - 6'2 inches tall and wearing a red t-shirt, blue jeans and white trainers.
They say he had short brown, gelled hair and a tattoo of a cross on his left forearm.
Anybody who might have seen something is being urged to contact Devon and Cornwall Police on 101, quoting crime reference number AC/12/4864.
Deborah Denis from the Lucy Faithfull Foundation said:
“These sorts of occurrences don’t happen every day and the majority of people are friendly and genuine and don’t mean any harm to children. But as it is happening, it is serious and we do need to take that on board and take action.”
Tips for children:
- Most people are friendly and genuine, but be aware that there are some people who do mean to harm children
- Keep away from strangers, if someone approaches you say ‘No’
- Stay with your friends and look after the friends and/or brothers and sisters that you are with
- Let your parents or a responsible adult know where you are going, who you are going with and what time you will be back
- Make sure you are back at that time, if you can
- Tell someone if something happens that concerns you
Tips for parents:
- Make your children are aware of the above advice
- Reassure them it is OK to say 'No' to strangers and walk away
- Tell them to get to a trusted place as quickly as possible if something worries them
Share This StoryTweet
WATCH: Cornwall Beauty Spots Added To 'At-Risk' Register
Ruthern Bridge and the HMS Colossus wreck named by Historic England
WATCH: Warnings To Cornwall About Child Car Seat Safety
Firefighters release photos after properly fitted one reduced injuries in crash
Amanda Holden's Sister "Critical" After Cornwall Crash
Papers say Britain's Got Talent star has rushed to the Duchy to be with her
Job Losses At Building Supplies Firm With Branches Across Cornwall
We do not know which Travis Perkins sites will be affected
Pirates Welcome Ospreys In British And Irish Cup
Cornwall News: The boss says they are ready to build on last week's victory
Business Cornwall News - Friday, 18th December 2015
Business Cornwall News: Cornwall is spearheading reform of the Uk’s business licensing laws following a a year-long project.
Writer of Dad's Army and Hi-de-Hi! Jimmy Perry dies, aged 93
Showbiz News: One of the creators of comedy classics like Dad's Army and Hi-de-Hi!, Jimmy Perry, has died aged 93.
Coach and truck crash in Palm Springs, California, leaves 13 dead
World News: At least 13 people are reported to have died after a major collision between a coach and a truck on a freeway near Palm Springs, California.
Bangladesh hope for historic Test win
Sports News: Bangladesh need 33 with only two wickets remaining to secure an historic win over England in the first Test.
Soot-covered man rescued from chimney after losing his keys
Strange News: A man who locked himself out of his house had to be pulled to safety after he became stuck in his chimney trying to get back in.