Pirate FM News

Hazardous Gas Leaves One Person in Hospital

news_ambulance.jpg

Published by the Pirate FM News Team at 7:01am 10th October 2013.

One person is in hospital after breathing in hazardous gas in clay country.

Specialist teams from Launceston and Saltash were scrambed to Nanpean on Wednesday night, along with a decontamination unit.

Paramedics treated the casualty, while firefighters wearing breathing gear made the commercial site safe.

A spokesperson for Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service said: "Following a request from the Ambulance Service, firefighters from St Dennis, St Austell and specialist appliances from Launceston and Saltash attended a report that a person was suffering the effects of inhaling a hazardous gas at commercial premises.

"The casualty was conveyed to hospital by ambulance and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus assisted in making the scene safe.

"The incident was dealt with by 2230hrs."

Email Icon

Sign up for exclusive news, competitions and offers.
Proper Local News updates from Pirate FM

Suggested articles

'Street attack' leaves a young man in hospital

Cornwall News: Wadebridge police say the assault was serious

Cornwall's bus journey to hospital that takes over five hours

Cornwall News: A report warns poor transport is hitting rural areas

Pirate Extra Pirate 70s Escape LoveCornwall