Keep up to date with the latest news delivered direct to your Inbox.
Carbon Monoxide Alarm Prompts Emergency Response
7:11am 9th January 2014
(Updated 7:11am 9th January 2014)
At least two people have been treated in hospital, after a potentially deadly gas flooded through their south east Cornwall home.
But their lives may have been saved by a carbon monoxide detector.
A fire crew from Polruan was called to the alarm sounding at Lanteglos on Wednesday night.
A spokesperson for Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service said: "At 1930 this evening Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service were called to a Carbon Monoxide detector sounding.
"One crew from Polruan and an Officer attended. The crew made the property safe and ventilated.
"West Country Ambulance Service also attended. The occupants of the property have attended hospital."
Share This StoryTweet
WATCH: Three Treated For Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Firefighters called to north and west Cornwall
Carbon Monoxide Scare In Newquay
An alarm had gone off twice in two days
Car overturns on A30
Cornwall News: The road was blocked near Victoria after a vehicle ended up on its roof
Sky Data Brexit poll: Half of Britons happy about EU divorce process starting
National News: Across the country, emotions ran high during the EU referendum campaign - but there is little sign of Bregret from voters as Theresa May prepares to pull the trigger on Brexit.
US diplomat hits back at Mosul civilian death claims
World News: A former US ambassador to the United Nations has hit back at claims of an increase in civilian casualties in the battle for Mosul.
Leyton Orient stave off winding up order after £1m pledge by owner
Sports News: A £1m pledge from the owner of Leyton Orient FC has saved the club from a winding-up order, but fans believe the club is still in "mortal danger".
Philippines Disaster: Cornish Flight Crews Arrive Home
Cornwall News: Teams who helped over Christmas are back in Helston