Keep up to date with the latest news delivered direct to your Inbox.
Two Treated in Carbon Monoxide Scare
7:01am 21st January 2014
Paramedics have treated two people for breathing in a potentially deadly gas in St Germans.
It is after fire crews were called to a carbon monoxide detector sounding late on Monday night.
It is the fourth incident in the Duchy in a fortnight.
A spokesperson for Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service said: "One appliance from Saltash responded to a report of a Carbon Monoxide Detector sounding at a property in St Germans.
"Crews entered the property using breathing apparatus and a gas detector.
"A reading was found and the property was ventilated two people are being treated by the Ambulance Service as a precaution."
Share This StoryTweet
Anger at 'derisory' 1% pay rise for NHS workers
National News: The Government has announced a 1% pay rise for NHS workers - an increase branded "derisory" by unions.
Battle for Mosul: Iraqi troops battle against 'strong resistance' from IS
World News: Iraqi forces are facing waves of suicide car bombings as they attempt to push their way towards the Old City and recapture west Mosul from Islamic State extremists.
Leyton Orient stave off winding up order after £1m pledge by owner
Sports News: A £1m pledge from the owner of Leyton Orient FC has saved the club from a winding-up order, but fans believe the club is still in "mortal danger".