Keep up to date with the latest news delivered direct to your Inbox.
Redruth Puppy Dies After Biting E-Cigarette
11:18am 18th February 2014
(Updated 11:18am 18th February 2014)
A Redruth man whose puppy died after biting part of his electronic cigarette tells Pirate FM he is worried the same thing could happen to a child.
The 14 week old terrier chewed a nicotine capsule that fell off Keith Sutton's table.
He rushed Ivy to the vets but they could not save her.
Keith tells Pirate FM it was heart-breaking: "Please, please, please before a child dies - it's hard enough losing a pet but if you was to lose a child, knowing what I found out and seeing the fear in my dog's face, I don't know if you could live with yourselves.
"I've been looking for ways even by prescription of cutting down over the years and never really succeeded and this one really did work. It cut my tobacco consumption by half but not at the cost of another life; be it animal life or human life."
Share This StoryTweet
BREAKING: Body on beach identified
Cornwall News: John Hurst was found on Watergate Bay near Newquay
NHS England plans to scrap prescriptions for 'low-value' medicines
National News: Gluten-free foods, travel vaccinations and omega-3 supplements may no longer be available on prescription under major NHS cost-cutting plans.
Goodbye? Adele says she may never tour again
Showbiz News: She may have sold tens of millions of albums and filled arenas around the world, but Adele says she may never tour again.
Islamic State is 'broke' and struggling to pay its fighters
World News: Iraq's former finance minister has told Sky News that Islamic State is nearly bankrupt and is running out of money to pay its fighters.
Scottish Muay Thai boxer Jordan Coe found dead in Thailand
Sports News: A Scottish boxer has died in Thailand of suspected heatstroke.
Network Rail: "No Idea" When Penzance Line Will Re-Open
Cornwall News: Bosses carrying out checks after storm damage