Keep up to date with the latest news delivered direct to your Inbox.
"Toxic" Fumes Warning Over Barn Fire
6:09am 21st July 2014
People living in St Mabyn are told to stay clear of the site of a barn blaze - amid fears of toxic fumes.
More than thirty firefighters have been battling back the flames on Wadebridge Road.
It broke out at around eleven o'clock on Sunday night.
Teams called in back-up from Launceston, Liskeard, Delabole and Bodmin.
The barn measures 20m x 40m.
A spokesperson for Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service said: "The barn is totally involved in fire, crews are tackling the blaze using jets.
"Members of the public are advised to stay clear of the area due to carbonaceous and toxic fumes. Police are on scene."
The barn is now being allowed to burn while being monitored.6:09am 21st July 2014
Share This StoryTweet
Woman has 'life-changing injuries' after crash
Cornwall News: 18-year-old was airlifted near Penzance
South Western 'improvements' promised as First MTR wins franchise
National News: The winner of the race to operate the South Western rail franchise has promised a series of improvements amid a row over Chinese involvement.
Star Wars star Carrie Fisher and mother Debbie Reynolds remembered
Showbiz News: The lives of Star Wars star Carrie Fisher and her actress mother Debbie Reynolds have been celebrated at a public memorial.
Scottish Muay Thai boxer Jordan Coe found dead in Thailand
Sports News: A Scottish boxer has died in Thailand of suspected heatstroke.