Pirate FM News

"Toxic" Fumes Warning Over Barn Fire

news_firefighter.jpg

Published by the Pirate FM News Team at 6:09am 21st July 2014.

People living in St Mabyn are told to stay clear of the site of a barn blaze - amid fears of toxic fumes.

More than thirty firefighters have been battling back the flames on Wadebridge Road.

It broke out at around eleven o'clock on Sunday night.

Teams called in back-up from Launceston, Liskeard, Delabole and Bodmin.

The barn measures 20m x 40m.

A spokesperson for Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service said: "The barn is totally involved in fire, crews are tackling the blaze using jets.

"Members of the public are advised to stay clear of the area due to carbonaceous and toxic fumes. Police are on scene."

The barn is now being allowed to burn while being monitored.

Email Icon

Sign up for exclusive news, competitions and offers.
Proper Local News updates from Pirate FM

Suggested articles

Person rescued as a fire breaks out in Liskeard

Cornwall News: The 999 caller was woken up by smoke alarms

From jail, crime bosses blow up bridges and set petrol stations on fire

World News: Petrol stations set alight, bridges blown up and police stations torched are just a few of the ways crime bosses in Brazil are flexing their muscles from within the confines of their prison walls.

Pirate Extra Pirate 70s Escape LoveCornwall