Keep up to date with the latest news delivered direct to your Inbox.
Cornwall's Top News Stories Of 2014
6:02am 1st January 2015
2014 was a busy year across Cornwall with major national news stories breaking regularly - not least because of the battering the Duchy took from the winter storms.
We have been having a look back at some of our 'most read' articles from the year. Perhaps not surprisingly the stormms and the trail of damage they left dominated:
1. Winter Storms. After a Christmas of wind and rain and the onslaught of 'Hercules' in January Cornwall thought it was over the worst. Then February arrived.
2. Valentine's Day Storms. Valentine's Day was the culmination of the extreme weather, wreaking damage from Looe to Penzance to Bude.
3. Mawgan Porth Tragedy. Tragedy strikes in October. Three people lost their lives in Mawgan Porth after dashing into the waves to try and help four surfers caught in a rip.
6:02am 1st January 2015
4. Looe Coach Crash. In May, two pensioners lose their lives after a coach crash near Looe. The day-trippers were on their way to the harbour for fish and chips when it happened.
5. Giant Spiders. With September comes a warning of giant spiders invading our homes.
Share This StoryTweet
PHOTOS: Cornwall and Devon firefighters battle big blaze
A shed went up in flames on the A39
Prime Minister to visit Cornwall in 'next few weeks'
Theresa May promises to talk about local businesses
BREAKING: Man falls into mud as tide comes in
Cornwall News: He had to be rescued from a river in Truro
UK committed to 'deep and special EU partnership'
National News: The UK is committed to a "deep and special partnership" with the EU, Theresa May has told the European Commission's president.
Silence Of The Lambs director Jonathan Demme dies aged 73
Showbiz News: Film director Jonathan Demme has died aged 73, his publicist has confirmed.
US 'prepared to defend ourselves' over North Korea nuclear threat
World News: The US is seeking a peaceful denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula but is "prepared to defend ourselves" in the face of any threat from North Korea, a security briefing has revealed.
Maria Sharapova wins first match after return to tennis from doping ban
Sports News: Former world number one Maria Sharapova has won her first match after returning to tennis following a doping ban.
'Muddy' men's jeans on sale for £330 at Nordstrom in US
Strange News: US clothing chain Nordstrom has launched a line of 'dirty' jeans which come with a 'crackled, caked-on muddy coating'.