Pirate FM News

PHOTOS: Casualty pulled to safety from house fire

tintagel house fire

Published by Sarah Yeoman at 6:00am 28th August 2018. (Updated at 7:00am 28th August 2018)

One person has been pulled to safety by a neighbour after a house fire near Tintagel.

Members of the public rushed to help at Treknow before firefighters arrived.

The casualty was rushed to hospital after an electric blanket sparked the blaze.

Crews from Delabole, Wadebridge, Bodmin and Bude were scrambled on Monday afternoon.

"On receipt of this call, the incident was treated as 'Persons Reported.'

"Appliances from Delabole, Wadebridge, Bodmin and Bude as well a Fire Officer were mobilised.

"On arrival the property was found to be well alight, but it was quickly established that all persons were accounted for.

"The fire involved a split level detached dormer bungalow measuring ten by ten metres, teams of firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a main jet and a high pressure hosereel jet at the incident.

 

 

"Western Power were requested to attend. One casualty was transferred to hospital by attending ambulance crews.

"The incident is still ongoing at 1500 hours.

"The RCER (Red Cross Emergency Response vehicle was also mobilised to the incident but was returned when it was established that the casualty was being taken to hospital."

Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service

Contact Us

If you would like to submit a query or provide more information on this story please get in touch below.

Please wait...
  • Up to 3 JPG or PNG images, 2MB max size
  • We will always endeavour to credit you when we publish your pictures.
  • By uploading you are agreeing to this non-exclusive reuse, royalty-free, across all Pirate FM platforms, which extends to our partner broadcasters.
  • You retain copyright to all images.
  • If you would like to send us a video, please upload to YouTube or similar and paste the video URL into the message above.
Email Icon

Sign up for exclusive news, competitions and offers.
Proper Local News updates from Pirate FM

Suggested articles

Hamster saved from house fire in Cornwall

Cornwall News: Firefighters plucked the pet to safety in St Austell

Hoax call to Cornwall's fire service sparks warning

Cornwall News: Crews received a 999 call but no fire was found

Pirate Extra Pirate 70s Escape LoveCornwall