Pirate FM News

Fears of people trapped as house fire breaks out

Fears of people trapped as house fire breaks out

Published by Emma Carton at 7:18am 22nd November 2019.

Crews have rushed to a house fire near Launceston, amid reports of people trapped inside.

Smoke from a burning microwave filled the home at St Stephens on Thursday night.

It is understood everyone made it out of the building on Roydon Road.

However, one casualty had to be treated by paramedics.

"Two fire appliances from Launceston and one fire appliance from Callington Community Fire Station, along with a wholetime officer, were mobilised to a fire in a property with possible persons still inside.

"On arrival, fire crews found the property to be heavily smoke logged and one person suffering smoke inhalation.

"Firefighters entered the property and found the source of smoke was from a microwave, which was removed to outside.

"The property was ventilated by using a positive pressure ventilation fan to help clear the smoke.

"One person was left in the care of the Ambulance Service".

Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service

Contact Us

If you would like to submit a query or provide more information on this story please get in touch below.

Please wait...
  • Up to 3 JPG or PNG images, 2MB max size
  • We will always endeavour to credit you when we publish your pictures.
  • By uploading you are agreeing to this non-exclusive reuse, royalty-free, across all Pirate FM platforms, which extends to our partner broadcasters.
  • You retain copyright to all images.
  • If you would like to send us a video, please upload to YouTube or similar and paste the video URL into the message above.
Email Icon

Sign up for exclusive news, competitions and offers.
Proper Local News updates from Pirate FM

Pirate Extra Pirate 70s Escape LoveCornwall