Pirate FM News 2 minute read

Restaurant in Hayle evacuated as fire breaks out

Restaurant in Hayle evacuated as fire breaks out

Published by Sarah Yeoman at 1:23pm 29th November 2019. (Updated at 3:02pm 29th November 2019)

A restaurant in Hayle has been evacuated after a kitchen fire broke out

People at Brewers Fayre, at Loggans Moor, have been told to leave the building.

Firefighters are currently on the scene.

Bosses say that everybody is out safely and customers are currently waiting outside.

The fire was sparked by an electrical socket in the kitchen and, luckily, not much damage has been caused.

brewers fayre hayle

"There was an electrical fire in the kitchen, involving an electrical socket.

"Everybody is out safely, that's the main thing.

"It was busy with customers and they have been refunded.

"It looks unlikely that we will be open again today, but we're not sure yet. We are waiting for engineers to arrive.

"Luckily not much damage has been caused, just to the power bank."

Clifford, restaurant manager

Contact Us

If you would like to submit a query or provide more information on this story please get in touch below.

Please wait...
  • Up to 3 JPG or PNG images, 2MB max size
  • We will always endeavour to credit you when we publish your pictures.
  • By uploading you are agreeing to this non-exclusive reuse, royalty-free, across all Pirate FM platforms, which extends to our partner broadcasters.
  • You retain copyright to all images.
  • If you would like to send us a video, please upload to YouTube or similar and paste the video URL into the message above.
Email Icon

Sign up for exclusive news, competitions and offers.
Proper Local News updates from Pirate FM

Suggested articles

Coronavirus: Fire kills 11 patients at COVID-19 treatment facility as India posts record rise in infections

World News: Eleven patients have died after a fire at a coronavirus treatment facility in India, as the country posted a record daily rise in confirmed cases of COVID-19.

Simon Cowell breaks his back while testing electric bicycle

Showbiz News: Simon Cowell has broken his back while testing his new electric bicycle at his home in California.

Newer articles

Two men arrested after a 'firearms incident' in Falmouth

Cornwall News: It sparked a major search, involving the police and a helicopter

Fears Boots store in Camborne could close down

Cornwall News: Bosses say staff would be offered jobs elsewhere

Older articles

Cornwall ex-postie jailed over sex assaults on girls

Cornwall News: Police found the indecent images when he was out on licence

Woman and two dogs found dead on Cornish coast

Cornwall News: The tragic discovery was made after an air and search

Most read

Thunderstorm warning extended to cover three whole days

Cornwall News: Cornwall could see lightning, hail, strong winds and flooding

Car plunges 20ft from Cornish cliff and onto beach below

Cornwall News: The vehicle landed on a beach tent which luckily was empty at the time