Pirate FM News 2 minute read

Kitchen 'gutted' after chip pan fire in St Ives

Kitchen 'gutted' after chip pan fire in St Ives

Published by the Pirate FM News Team at 7:41am 7th January 2020. (Updated at 8:20am 7th January 2020)

Firefighters have revealed the scale of the damage after a house fire in St Ives.

Flames from a burning chip pan almost destroyed the kitchen on Carthew Way.

The blaze spread to the roof space late on Monday afternoon.

Kitchen Fire in St Ives
Photos have revealed the scale of a chip pan fire which almost gutted a kitchen in St Ives. Photo: St Ives Community Fire Station

 

Crews from the town, Hayle and Penzance were scrambled just before 5pm.

The teams have been praised for their 'quick action' which officials say 'saved this property'.

Kitchen Fire in St Ives
Crews from St Ives, Hayle and Penzance have been praised for their 'quick action' in 'saving the property'. Photo: St Ives Community Fire Station

Shout 16:54pm. C13P1 & C13P5 sent to a chip pan fire. On arrival crews found kitchen well alight and fire spread into roof space. 

"Quick action by crews saved this property. 4 pumps were in attendance. 

"@HayleCFRS and @PenzanceCFRS, thanks for your support".

St Ives Community Fire Station

Contact Us

If you would like to submit a query or provide more information on this story please get in touch below.

Please wait...
  • Up to 3 JPG or PNG images, 2MB max size
  • We will always endeavour to credit you when we publish your pictures.
  • By uploading you are agreeing to this non-exclusive reuse, royalty-free, across all Pirate FM platforms, which extends to our partner broadcasters.
  • You retain copyright to all images.
  • If you would like to send us a video, please upload to YouTube or similar and paste the video URL into the message above.
Email Icon

Sign up for exclusive news, competitions and offers.
Proper Local News updates from Pirate FM

Suggested articles

Fire breaks out at former hospital in St Ives

Cornwall News: Smoke and flames were billowing from the former Edward Hain Hospital site

Fire breaks out in building on £450m Swansea University campus

National News: A fire broke out at Swansea University's £450m Bay Campus, with footage from the scene showing huge plumes of thick black smoke. 

Newer articles

Vulnerable lives 'at risk' after food charity's closure

Cornwall News: It ran Food for Change schemes to help people find work

Rush-hour motorbike crash on the A30

Cornwall News: A car was also involved in the collision near Victoria

Older articles

Man dies after three-vehicle crash near A38

Cornwall News: Sadly, the 37-year-old biker lost his life at the scene

Big fire breaks out at kitchen in St Ives

Cornwall News: Flames were spreading to the roof space

Most read

Major work due to get underway on A30 dualling in Cornwall

Cornwall News: It's hoped it will end summer traffic jams between Chiverton and Carland Cross

Dogs rescued from hot car in Cornwall during heatwave

Cornwall News: It is understood that the vehicle had been parked for almost two hours