Pirate FM News

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Scare

news-logo.jpg

Published by the Pirate FM News Team at 3:48pm 12th March 2012. (Updated at 5:46am 13th March 2012)

Seventeen people including two paramedics are taken to hospital after a carbon monoxide scare in West Cornwall.

Crews were scrambled to Riviera Produce near Connor Downs at lunchtime, after staff started showing symptoms.

Forty people had to be evacuated.

Firefighters had to use a gas detector to find the source.

Officials say the building is now safe, and staff are back at work.

Initial investigations indicate that the leak began in a faulty forklift truck. Safety experts are being brought in to examine it.

None of those taken to Treliske for checks suffered serious complications.

Email Icon

Sign up for exclusive news, competitions and offers.
Proper Local News updates from Pirate FM

Suggested articles

VIDEO: Five people taken to hospital after carbon monoxide leak

Cornwall News: Firefighters and paramedics were called to Bodmin

Dog dies after eating meat... laced with rat poison

Cornwall News: Battz found sauages in his garden near St Austell

Pirate Extra Pirate 70s Escape LoveCornwall