Keep up to date with the latest news delivered direct to your Inbox.
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Scare
5:46am 13th March 2012
(Updated 5:46am 13th March 2012)
Seventeen people including two paramedics are taken to hospital after a carbon monoxide scare in West Cornwall.
Crews were scrambled to Riviera Produce near Connor Downs at lunchtime, after staff started showing symptoms.
Forty people had to be evacuated.
Firefighters had to use a gas detector to find the source.
Officials say the building is now safe, and staff are back at work.
Initial investigations indicate that the leak began in a faulty forklift truck. Safety experts are being brought in to examine it.
None of those taken to Treliske for checks suffered serious complications.5:46am 13th March 2012
Share This StoryTweet
UPDATE: Six Sent To Hospital After Carbon Monoxide Scare
Camborne family says everyone needs an alarm
WATCH: Three Treated For Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Firefighters called to north and west Cornwall
Westminster attack: Five men and three women arrested
National News: Five men and three women arrested in the wake of the deadly Westminster attack have been held on suspicion of preparing terrorist acts.
Has Kendrick Lamar just hinted at a new album?
Showbiz News: Kendrick Lamar has hinted that the launch of his fourth studio album is imminent with a cryptic message on social media.
Congressman Devin Nunes sorry after Trump surveillance claim row
World News: A Republican Congressman has apologised after saying that post-election communications of Donald Trump's team were picked up by US intelligence agencies through "incidental collection".
Sizing John, ridden by Robbie Power, wins the Cheltenham Gold Cup
Sports News: Sizing John, ridden by Robbie Power, has won the Cheltenham Gold Cup ahead of Minella Rocco and Native River.
Nicole Kidman explains her Oscars 'seal clapping' was to protect a ring
Strange News: Nicole Kidman has explained her "awkward" seal-like clapping during the Oscars ceremony last month.
Marazion B&B Discrmination Case Could Go To Supreme Court
Cornwall News: Christian owners refused to let a gay couple share a double room