Pirate FM News

Unconscious Pensioners Pulled from Gas Leak Home

news-logo.jpg

Published by the Pirate FM News Team at 7:01am 21st December 2012.

Two pensioners have been rescued after a carbon monoxide leak in Mount Hawke.

They were found unconscious at their home on Rope Walk on Thursday night and treated by paramedics.

Redruth fire crews are blaming it on a blocked flue.

A spokesperson for Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service said: "At 20:30 Cornwall Fire and Rescue service received a call from lady who was concerned about two occupants of a premise. The occupants were unresponsive and there was a ‘funny smell’ in their living room.

"Six firefighters from Redruth were mobilised along with an Officer specially trained in the use of a gas detector. On their arrival two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus removed the two elderly occupants from the house.

"The casualties were treated by Ambulance paramedics and were taken to hospital via land ambulance. A positive reading for carbon monoxide was taken by the gas detector in the premise.

"Fire crews investigated and established the cause of the build up of carbon monoxide to have come from a blocked flue in a solid fuel heating system."

Email Icon

Sign up for exclusive news, competitions and offers.
Proper Local News updates from Pirate FM

Suggested articles

Home brew kit sparks bomb squad call-out and street evacuation in Kirkcaldy

National News: Potentially dangerous substances which triggered a bomb scare after they were discovered at a home in Scotland have been found to be home brew ingredients, police have revealed.

Police release pictures of pensioner's injuries after violent robbery

National News: Shocking pictures of an 88-year-old woman beaten up during a robbery have been released by police.

Pirate Extra Pirate 70s Escape LoveCornwall