Keep up to date with the latest news delivered direct to your Inbox.
Family in Hospital after Gas Leak
7:00am 23rd January 2013
Two children and their parents have been rushed to hospital after carbon monoxide flooded through their home near Launceston.
Paramedics were called to Canworthy Water in the early hours of Wednesday morning after the family said they were not feeling well.
A spokesperson for Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service said: "An appliance from Launceston and a Wholetime Officer attended a property in Canworthy Water on the request of the Ambulance Service due to occupants feeling unwell due to possible carbon monoxide poisoning.
"On arrival crews used a gas detector which indicated high readings of carbon monoxide within the property.
"Two adults and two children were taken to hospital by ambulance, whilst crews made the property safe by venting using a positive pressure ventilation fan.
"Crews also fitted two smoke detectors within the property."
Share This StoryTweet
BREAKING: Woman in hospital after bicycle crash
Cornwall News: Pedestrian left with serious injuries in Penzance
Farage says all of Clacton will be asked about by-election after Carswell quits
National News: Nigel Farage has said UKIP will make sure every household in Clacton is asked whether they want a by-election after Douglas Carswell quit the party.
Star Wars star Carrie Fisher and mother Debbie Reynolds remembered
Showbiz News: The lives of Star Wars star Carrie Fisher and her actress mother Debbie Reynolds have been celebrated at a public memorial.
Uber halts driverless car tests after vehicle rolls over in Arizona smash
World News: Uber has suspended its self-driving car programme after a crash involving one of its vehicles.
Alligator returns to give pro golfer fright
Sports News: An alligator bravely dispatched from the fairway by an American golfer during the Arnold Palmer Invitational returned for a second day - and this time it stood firm.