Pirate FM News

Carbon Monoxide Warning

news - alarm

Published by the Pirate FM News Team at 11:53am 13th February 2013.

Cornwall is urged to check chimneys and appliances after a woman dies in St Ives.
 
It is thought the 62 year old and her dogs were poisoned by carbon monoxide.

Experts fear not enough of us have alarms fitted or chimneys swept.

Rachel Richardsonfrom Wendron Stoves said: "It's absolutley horrendous. It's silent and deadly. People go walking around for days on end with a slight headache, unaware. But it is building up and then they go to sleep and don't wake up. It is very serious."

She added that alarms are cheap to buy and fit and can save lives: "It will just sound an amazing alarm, a screaming alarm, so that everybody's aware then that they've got to get up, open windows and check appliances. Make sure that they're regularly serviced, that the chimneys are swept and that they're not furred up at the top."

 

Email Icon

Sign up for exclusive news, competitions and offers.
Proper Local News updates from Pirate FM

Suggested articles

Flights cancelled and ice warnings as snow falls across UK

National News: Hundreds of passengers faced travel delays after flights were cancelled at Manchester Airport following snowfall on Tuesday.

'Degradation of border security' under 'no-deal' Brexit, warns UK Border Force

National News: Border Force planning for a possible "no-deal" Brexit warns the government of "significant outbound queues" at the Eurostar and a "degradation of border security".

Pirate Extra Pirate 70s Escape LoveCornwall